Well, I can officially say, I'm down to 51 items left! My first dress is finished. It has a bunch of fitting issues, and things didn't go as planned throughout its creation, but I can't say I hate it! Looking back at my original drawn design, it replicates it pretty well, besides the decision to tear the back and put buttons down the entire thing.
Yeah, so I woke up and pretty much went at it until it was completed. First, I had to put the buttons down the back (I didn't last night like I said), then I went into trimming the button, and then the sleeves, which were a complete nightmare, as I figured. I definitely tore quite a few seams to get them somewhat decent looking. I need the most practice on getting those right, I think.
Now, keep in mind, I think it looks a LOT better in person, and these pictures I've attached give it a different feel. For one, the front (which is on the right), looks like it should be the back.. the boobs didn't really photograph well.. Maybe I'll try later to get a better picture.
If I could have changed a few things, I would have redone the sleeves, so they were a bit more flow-y, like the drawing, and that it would be a much better fit. I took down the measurements even more to the smallest settings on the mannequin: 32, 22, 31. So, if anyone fits that.. we could work something out.. hah! Maybe a prostitot..
Anyway, it was great practice, and I'm proud of it, I just wish everyone else could see it in person!
I'll be announcing my next project in the coming days!
*Wow, I'm an idiot, I forgot to do the tracking! Umm.. I'm on it!*